... How did i get myself into this one?..I don't really know how to start here. I mean this stuff, it's personal, really personal..... but then thats why we do this isn't it?..Isn't that why we blog?..To put all of our personal shit out there...but not REALLY out there... so that "strangers" will read and comment not the folks we are writing about!right?? soo..deep breathe and just jump in right?? ok, hang on... here we go!
I reaaallly hate to start out with a whiny post!! Those of you that know me, know I cant stand whiny and that I try really hard not to whine myself! But... if this is a journal I suppose every now and then it's gonna happen! Just pisses me off that It has to happen First!
<whining commences here>
I've known it was over between me and Supreme Court for a while now. We have been drifting farther apart for a couple on months now, no biggie... So I don't know why it bothers me so much that he is being such a pussy. I guess it's because he's old enough to know better..I mean he is really at an age that should have learned this before now. There just isn't an excuse.
Then I started thinking maybe I'll cut him some slack. I mean he is from a whole other generation..<ok duh, forgive the total cornball cliche >.. but it hadn't really occurred before! The whole dating scene is probably sooo weird for him. I bet I scare the shit out of him!
He has really only had two real relationships and they were both really long term things! He got married young ..then after his wife of thirty some years he was In a ltr for about 7 years... then me..lol the poor bastard didn't know what hit him! ..but still.. He Fucked up, and I don't have to like it. AND I'm not gonna go into specifics..don't ask!!!! I think he has learned his lesson & I'd like to think that going out with him I learned a few things as well. I think there are a lot of good reasons to date an older man..
- He asked me out in a great way.. with a refreshingly straightforward simple elegant:
"Would you like to have dinner with me on Wed. night?" ..
I had bumped into him in the neighborhood for over a year and we always chatted on the street..conversations always came easy with him... So that night it was really easy to say yes.. He looked so nice,
- his shirts are always pressed....
I even remember talking to Kath OF Leen and saying "I think I have a date?" ..I wasn't completely sure that it wasn't just a "neighborly" get together... But he said he would call to confirm on Tuesday. On Tuesday he called, just like he said he would(again refreshing).
- THEN when he called... he had a plan! (Take note here boys!) He asked if we were still on for tomorrow and after I confirmed, he said
"I thought we could go to Ruths Chris. I made reservation for 8. If thats ok with you?"
This was great! .. I knew how to dress etc etc.. and because it was a reasonably upscale spot I felt confident that it was an "official" date. you don't spend 200.00 bucks to just gossip about the neighborhood. I was really getting tired of boys just showing up and saying
"uhm well.. where do you want to go?"...
When we got there the hostess greeted him by name..sweet.. he is a regular. The maitre d' made a point to stop over and say hello..
- Supreme Court was always wonderful about introducing me to everyone. I hate the way some guys just leaving you there while they talk to whomever, in a totally rude DC power trippy way. Supreme Court is kinda powerful (in his own circles, which nobody gives a shit about outside the beltway) and so lots of folks liked to send drinks to our table when we went out, or stop by to say blah blah blah...Well you can imagine that him being there with a girl that could easily be his daughter could be awkward sometimes but, he always introduced me...
- ooh oohh yeah..Old School Manners!!I almost forgot the best part!!! You know how most guys open the door for you for about 3 dates? ..Not him..We went out for almost a year (not exclusively but kind of regularly) and not only did I NEVER open a door BUT he ALWAYS walked on the curb side! When pedestrians or a street crossing would cause us to get swapped he would always really discreetly take my arm and manage to put himself between me and traffic... I swear to god..I really think I slept with him because that was sooo sexy ...well it really is sexy after about three vodka tonics! lol ..
ANYWAY..thats how it started..
Last night I saw him and his son (whose my age-ish) across the street. I waved .. Supreme Court Jr.waved back..
I'm a modern girl and quite frankly I never really expected it to go anywhere. I was not looking to get serious..maybe he was. Now though I think I'm mad and I never get mad ..just ask the Ditzy Little Tart who said
What!! your mad??..well if YOUR mad, he must be a right Twat!
God I freaking love her!!